In general, to solve this problem, iPhone owners are offered two options, each of which is absolutely valid, effective, and also allows you to restore the smartphone quite easily and quickly:
- With the help of recovery mode
- Via DFU mode.
The first option is the emergency recovery mode. Most often it is used to restore the operational effect of gadgets on iOS, after the moment when it began to fail its proper functioning.
The second method is no different from the first. The only difference is that the procedure is done directly using the firmware, bypassing the iPhone operating system. This method is often used when the device is jailbroken or when the first method is impossible to use.
Re-flashing with recovery mode
To perform an operation using this method, the subscriber must turn off the iPhone and wait until the smartphone screen has been completely canceled. Then it should be connected to the computer, holding down the “Start” button. The PC will accept the device in Recovery Mode recovery mode.
Subsequent actions must be performed in this sequence.
You need to start iTunes and wait for the moment when the program finds the iPhone, there may be two options:
- iTunes will ask the user to restore the connected device. In this case, click OK.
- iTunes is not fully responding. Then you need to click on the phone icon, find the item called “Restore iPhone”, then you need to select it, while holding down the Shift button (if using Windows) or Alt (when using Mac).
The File Manager will then open, where the subscriber will need to select the firmware. You must find the file containing the downloaded firmware before the operation begins. Then you must select it and click on the “Open” button.
After that, the program will do everything on its own, you just have to wait for the final process. Once completed, the device should be disconnected from the computer. Then you need to turn off the phone while holding the Power button. After that, again by pressing the same button, the smartphone should be turned on. That’s it, absolutely all the iPhone settings are fixed and ready for later use.
Flashing with DF use mode
Even before the process begins, the smartphone must be transferred to DFU mode. Then you need to connect the phone to the computer and disconnect it. After that, on the device, you need to simultaneously hold down the home buttons, as well as the power and power buttons, and count for ten seconds, after which you need to release the power button, and the home button should continue until iTunes recognize the custom smartphone in DFU mode.
Subsequent actions must be performed in strict sequence, and are almost completely identical, as in the case of Recovery Mode:
- You must first select the desired device in the program.
- In the phone administration menu, you need to find the item “Recover iPhone”.
- After that, it needs to be selected by pressing the Shift button (if using Windows OS) or Alt (when using Mac OS).
- In the window that opened as a result, you need to specify the path of the file with the previously downloaded firmware, and then click the “Open” button.
- After the actions are completed, the subscriber must wait for the moment when the program brings the procedure to the end.
- It only remains to turn on the refurbished smartphone, after which you can use the iPhone perfectly safely and in complete safety.
The solution considered for the problem will be useful for those subscribers who Jailbreak their own device, or due to certain reasons, the flashing in Recovery Mode did not lead to success.
Each of the options considered for flashing is absolutely valid, and should help solve the problem in question. The subscriber should not be afraid to carry out this process independently, as there is nothing difficult in this. You just need to have the slightest skills to use the smartphone and be extremely attentive. Actions must be performed in strict sequence, and then successful completion is guaranteed. The main advantage of the process is that you do not need to spend money, as if it happened in the service center. Despite this, the person receives the phone with almost the worst settings provided by the gadget service center. But if you still doubt your strength, or for some reason cannot cope with the target, it is better to seek professional help or at least expert advice. This can be done in almost every district of any city in the country.
Today we have to find out how to restore the “iPhone” through “iTunes”. This task is not that difficult. Especially if you do the process correctly. Each owner of an Apple device will be able to return certain data to a mobile device within minutes. This is quite normal.
Thinking about restoring the iPhone, the user should keep in mind that there are several scenarios. And first you have to make a backup of the information. Without this, realizing the idea will not work.
In general, among the ways of restoring through iTunes are:
- Reset to factory settings;
- Restore user data.
In fact, everything is easier than it seems. But if a person created a copy of their data using iCloud, then iTunes will not help to restore it. This is a completely normal phenomenon, which is important to be aware of before starting action.
Start by creating a document for iOS recovery. Without it, as already mentioned, to implement the task will not work.
First of all, a person must install “iTunes” on a computer. It is desirable that the version of the application is the latest. Older builds are no longer supported. Consequently, the device owner will not be able to perform the task.
You can restore only licensed iOS. And the lack of a 100% backup of user data leads to resetting the settings to factory settings. And since then, returning the information no longer works. Only if there is a copy in iCloud.
Create a copy
How to restore the “iPhone” through the “iTunes”? First of all, as already mentioned, you will need to make a copy of the data for recovery. It is worth considering that all the information will be saved on a PC in the BackUp folder. And the operation is possible only with connection to the computer.
To create a copy for recovery, you must:
- Download the latest version of iTunes to your computer and install it.
- Connect the “Apple” device via USB to a PC or laptop.
- Run the application under study.
- Wait for the devices to sync.
- Sign in to AppleID. Usually the corresponding requirement is made immediately after the launch of iTunes.
- Open the General tab in the left menu of the program.
- In the right part of the window, click the “Create a copy” button.
- Wait some minutes.
As soon as the user performs all the listed actions, a copy with the “iPhone” data will appear on the computer. And now you can do the OS restore.
To factory settings
But first, a little about that. Sometimes this operation is vital for the normal operation of an Apple smartphone. In such circumstances, a full data reset to the factory. No user settings are saved.
The “iTunes” app actually allows you to return the device to the initial settings. And this is not that difficult to do. Easier than retrieving user information.
The guide will look something like this:
- Turn on the computer and launch iTunes.
- Connect the “Apple” device to the PC. It is important that the connection is made using a USB cable.
- Run the program.
- Wait for the computer to sync with a mobile phone.
- Go to the “General” tab.
- In the right part of the window, select the “Restore iPhone” button and click on it.
- If prompted by the system, you authorize the use of Apple ID.
- Carefully examine the consequences of actions and agree to the operation.
After these actions the process of reverting iOS will begin. It usually takes 5 to 30 minutes. After the operation is completed, the device will reboot and recover. All data will be erased and the settings will revert to factory settings.