1. If you want to get the number ported, first you have to send a message from your phone. Customer has to send PORT Mobile Number to 1900. After which you will get a message of UPC Code, which should be preserved. Keep in mind that this UPC Code remains valid for only 15 days.
2. Now go to the store of the company of which you want to get a new SIM, take the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) & Porting Form. For this, you have to pay a fee of Rs 19. Please read the instructions given in this form carefully and fill the form. In this, you will also have to fill the UPC Code. After filling the form, submit ID proof, address proof and photograph with it. (However if you are looking for a connection to a corporate and a company, then NOC will be required while conducting MNP.)
3. After submitting the form, buy a new SIM from the store. Then 1 day later you will get the message of porting confirmation. After which your number will be ported between 7 working days. Then as soon as the new SIM is activated, the operator will send the information to you by message.
4. After this, you can take advantage of its service by putting the new only in the phone.
NOTE: Once the number is ported, the customer cannot get the number ported again before 3 months. That is, if you want to switch to another operator again, you will have to wait for 3 months for this.
Take care before porting the number:-
1. Before porting your number to another telecom company, it is important to know whether that network provides the services you want.
2. Once you get your number ported. So you have to stay in the same company for at least 3 months. And after 3 months, you can again port your number to another company.
3. If you are a prepaid customer, then porting the number is very easy for you. But if you are a postpaid customer then you have some problem.
4. Before number porting, the balance of your number has to be used. Because in other networks, you do not get your balance.
5. When you message to port the number, you get a call from the same network in which you are given very good offers. If you want, you can stop the porting process of your number by taking a good offer.
6. Many telecom companies take some charge for number porting while many companies or services give it for free.
So in this way you can change the number of any company to another company and enjoy the services of that network. Hopefully, now friends, you must understand how to port your mobile number.
Hope the above article is informative. To get more tutorials like this please visit us on our official web page.