Java can be one of the reasons for the malfunctioning of the operating system. To get it working, the problematic version of the virtual machine should be removed. In this article, you will learn how to properly and completely remove Java from your computer in various ways.
Why uninstall Java?
Like any software, Java is software that may not work as expected.
Old (outdated) version;
Incompatibility with browser bitness.
When these types of problems appear, uninstalling Java is the first priority. After uninstallation, for sites, games and programs to work correctly, download the new version of Java 32 bit or 64 bit.
If you try to update Java without completely uninstalling the old one, chances are good that the problems won’t go away.
How to remove Java from computer manually
For PCs running Windows 10, 8, or 7, the methods for uninstalling Java are almost the same.
Follow the step by step instructions:
1. Open the “Control Panel” – press the key combination Win + R. In the opened window of the built-in utility “Run” write the command control.
2. Switch the view mode to “Category”.
3. Open the “Uninstall the application” section.
4. Wait for the list building to finish, select Java by mouse click.
5. Click the Delete button above the list.
6. Confirm uninstallation.
For Windows XP:
1. From the Start menu, click on settings, open Control Panel.
2. Select the “Add or Remove Programs” section.
3. Remove the program in the standard way.
To completely remove Java from a Windows 7 computer, the next step is to clean up the folders created during the installation process:
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Select in the left column “This computer”, then – “Local drive C:” (it may be called differently: E :, F :, M :).
3. Delete the folders named Java under Program Files and Program Files x86.
4. Open the user’s applications folder – to do this, start the desktop application “Run”, enter the app data command.
5. Open the LocalLow section and delete the Oracle and Sun folders.
6. In the Roaming section, delete the folders with the same names.
It remains to remove all residual entries in the registry:
1. Start the desktop application Run.
2. Write the regedit command and click OK.
3. Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry tree.
4. Open the branch in the Software section, delete the JavaSoft folder from it.
5. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE registry key and also delete the JavaSoft folder (if present).
Uninstalling with Java Uninstall Tool
Removing all folders and registry entries can be a daunting task for an inexperienced user. For this purpose, the Oracle developers created the Java Uninstall tool.
To completely remove Java from your computer, run Java Uninstall Tool.
Follow the steps:
1. In the uninstallation window, click “Agree”.
2. Confirm the action.
3. Select the version and click “Continue” (Next).
4. Click “Yes”.
Uninstalling a program using Revo Uninstaller
The above methods are not the only ones to remove programs. The Revo Uninstaller utility also provides the ability to remove old Java from Windows.
1. Launch Revo Uninstaller by double clicking on the shortcut on your desktop.
2. Find Java in the Uninstaller section.
3. Select it and delete it by clicking on the corresponding button in the top panel. Select uninstall mode.
4. We recommend “Advanced” – it is slower but will remove tails and residual components that other modes might miss.
5. When finished, click Next to find and clear the remaining information.
6. Reboot your computer.
Hope the above article is informative. To get more tutorials like this please visit us on our official web page.