There are three startup methods for computers, and the three startup methods correspond to different situations. Although some concepts are a little bit behind on current computers, those who play computers should understand them. So far, These three startup methods are still often used.
In technical terms, they are called cold start, hot start and reset start. Let’s first introduce the three startup methods separately.
1. Cold Start
2. Hot Start
Hot start is carried out when the system is powered on, and will not cause current impact on electrical components, so there is no harm to computer hardware. In the hot start mode, only a partial self-check is performed on the machine, and the memory and other parts are not self-checked, so its starting speed is also slightly faster.
In all cases except for restarting in the windows interface, as long as the computer does not crash and needs to be restarted, hot start is the first choice, because if there is a serious crash, pressing these three keys will not respond.
3. Reset Start
During the reset startup process, the computer is also in the power-on state. After the RESET reset signal is issued, the proprietary reset circuit in the system starts to work. It transmits the reset signal to all parts of the system, including the CPU subsystem, storage subsystem, bus, and Various peripheral chips and external devices, these parts begin to perform the corresponding reset operation, and restore to their initial state.
The reset start is more low-level than the hot start. In the case that the keyboard hot start is invalid and needs to be restarted, you can use the reset start, in fact, it is dead, you can press the reset to start.
The following picture can help understand the three processes of restarting the computer to start working. The warm start runs back a bit, the reset start runs back a bit more, and the cold start runs to the starting point.
How to start the computer from the hard disk?
1. When the desktop computer is turned on, press the “Del” key repeatedly to enter the bios settings. For the laptop, press the button of each brand to enter.
2. Then go to the right and select the “Startup Sequence” menu.
3. Then go down to select “Startup Option #1” and press Enter. Pop up selection window.
4. We then select the hard disk hard disk:XXXXXXX, and then press Enter, then you can see the boot option #1 becomes hard disk:XXXXXXX.
5. Then save and exit, then start automatically.
6. We may omit the first 2 to 4 steps, after entering the BIOS, directly enter the save menu page, go down to select SATA2: xxxxxxxxxx, press Enter and directly start the hard disk.
After reading the above, three questions will remain:
1. The computer freezes and press the reset button to restart, then how to judge the computer freezes?
2. What kind of restart is performed through the start menu of the windows interface?
3. Why doesn’t the laptop have a reset button?
For more technical updates, follow us on our official page.