Did you know that you can change the font of your messages in WhatsApp? This feature was added in one of the updates, but for those who use the messenger on older platforms and do not have the opportunity to update, this option is also available, albeit in a slightly different way.
So, how to change the font in WhatsApp to Bold, Italic, or Strikethrough:
- Open the messenger and any correspondence.
- Write the text you want.
- Click on it and hold.
- In the menu that opens, select the font you need.
Manual for Iphone and Android
The instructions for changing the font in WhatsApp for iPhone and Android are almost identical. To do this, you do not have to resort to the help of third-party programs and services if you have an updated version of the messenger. And your interlocutor will also see the unusual fonts that you send them, if they have the same updated version. Otherwise, it will just be a set of characters of the wrong encoding.
How many font options are there on WhatsApp? Four:
- Font developers
If everything is more or less clear with the first three, what does the font of the developers look like? Just like regular, only slightly larger and with large gaps between letters. Not the most pleasant font to read, but still brings at least some variety to correspondence.
To use the font of the WhatsApp developers, you need to highlight your message on both sides with three apostrophes, like this: “ “ Message“
Now let’s talk a little more about three other messenger fonts for older versions of the application.
How to make WhatsApp bold
How to make the font bold in whatsapp? Very simple. Thus, you can highlight especially important words in the message, so as not to write caps, you can highlight emotions or express your dissatisfaction. In general, you can use bold for anything. In older versions of WhatsApp, you can write in bold as follows:
- Go to any correspondence.
- Type your message.
- Now you need to select it with asterisks (*) on both sides. Complete these characters and submit. After that, your message will become bold. So you can select not only the entire text, but also individual words.
How to write in italics on WhatsApp
Why do I need an italic font? They are usually given something not very important. Also, some people use italics because they like this style of letters. How to write in italics on WhatsApp in the non-updated version? Read the following instructions:
- Open whatsapp and the desired chat.
- Write a message.
- Further, similar to the previous instructions, you need to highlight your message with special characters, namely, an underscore (_) on both sides. Send a message and its font will change.
How to strike out a word in WhatsApp or write it through strikethrough
You can write in strikethrough WhatsApp to visually cancel the written text, or just for fun. To erase a message but still send it, you can simply cross out some words or all of the text. In the old version of the WhatsApp, you can cross out the text as follows:
- Go to the chat.
- Type your text.
- By analogy with other fonts, mark the words you want on both sides with tilde characters (~). Submit and enjoy strikethrough font.